Canadian Human Rights Tribunal Hearing
The Canadian Human Rights Tribunal reconvened on December 5, 2013 and continue on December 9-10 (and tentatively 11th) with Dr. Cindy Blackstock scheduled to testify December 9.
The I am a witness campaign invites organizations and people of all ages to follow the case in person or online and to decide for themselves if First Nations children are being treated fairly. On this site you will find a comprehensive timeline with the legal submissions by all parties in the case along with relevant reports from credible independent sources like the Auditor General of Canada.Read more
Save the Dates! 2013
If you have any questions or would like further information about the FNCFWC Events, please be in touch with our office 604.922.7795 or email@example.com.Read more
The Council’s mandate is to lead the finalization and implementation of the Indigenous Child at the Centre Action Plan. The Action Plan sets out a collective BC First Nations approach to improving the well-being of First Nations children and was adopted by resolution at the BC Assembly of First Nations, First Nations Summit, and Union of BC Indian Chiefs.
The Action Plan has been revised and is currently being reviewed for input by Chiefs and Leadership in BC. The Action Plan was presented for final review at the Indigenous Child at the Centre Forum VI. Feedback will be incorporated and the final Action Plan will be presented at the First Nations Leadership Council Meetings in Winter 2013.
The Action Plan now includes 5 goals:
- To support First Nations governance and Nation-building.
- To create space for First Nations to be successful in their work through the future development of relationships with governments.
- To acquire appropriate financial resources and build human resource capacity.
- To build effective relationships amongst First Nations and First Nations organizations.
- To enable information, data development and sharing.
For more information please contact our office at 604.922.7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org.